Job Title: Estimator
Department / Team: Office/ Front End.
Reports to: Director
Location:Unit 52H – Enterprise Park
Purpose of role:
To provide accurate and detailed cost estimates for the production of goods.
Seek new business opportunities and to produce detailed quotations for potential customers.
Main tasks and duties:
- Estimate the cost of materials required for the production process, in line with a customer Manufacturing Pack. (Supplier quotations, populate costings sheets, online catalogue houses)
- Assess the labor requirements, skill level, tooling and manufacturing processes – cost accordingly using existing internal techniques, and populate costings sheet.
- Estime the time required for delivery of goods, accounting for material and manufacturing lead times.
- Prepare competitive, comprehensive bids for potential customers and projects. Populate internal enquiry
database and folder structure.
- Work closely with the Production Planner and other stakeholders to ensure we can deliver on commitments
made to customers, understand our current lead times, build constraints or need for new business.
- Organize, categorize and structure documents, manufacturing data and information.
- Distribute documents to internal and external stakeholders as per established protocols.
- Maintain an organized archive for historical records during the bid process.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the job role
Competencies required of all employees:
- Ability to champion and embrace the Prototype Electronics company ethos and values.
- Demonstrate flexibility, willingness, and professionalism.
- Strive toward continuous achievement of impeccable quality standards.
- Willingness to always go the extra mile.
- Self-directed with a high level of personal drive.
- Commitment to achieving excellence through continuous improvement.
- Ability to problem solve.
Knowledge, skills, experience, competencies, and qualifications required:
- Analytical with strong numerical competence.
- Excellent communication – Written and verbal.
- Able to make informed and calculated decisions.
- A background in Electronics manufacturing, Printed Circuit Board or Cable Assembly/ Box Build.
- Understanding of Electronics Manufacturing processes, companywide.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings and work instructions.
- Use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to check own work.
- Previous experience.
- Shop floor manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of electrical components.
- Document organisation, and understanding of version control.
- Project management experience – (NPI)
- Financial/ Commercial knowledge.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact our HR department on HR@prototypeelectronics.co.uk during normal working hours.
Please add email@example.com to your list of safe senders to ensure that any correspondence from us does not go directly into your spam folder.
We reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
Please ensure you read our GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice which can be found on the Prototype Electronics Ltd website to understand how your data is processed or you can request a copy by emailing HR@prototypeelectronics.co.uk. Following receipt of completed application forms, if you have not heard from the company within 2 weeks of the closing date regrettably you will not have been short listed on this occasion. All short-listed applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date or no later than 3 days prior to the interview date (where an interview date is specified).
If you are interested, please fill in the form below, with your details and attach a CVBack to Vacancies